Saturday, February 27, 2010

Thai Curry Coconut Shrimps

5/2/2008
A while back my friend, HoneyB, sent me this Coconut-Curry Shrimp recipe which was delicious!!! Thanks again HoneyB! We truly enjoyed it! Well I was out shopping and ran across some Red Curry Paste and I thought, "I wonder how this would taste with some shrimps?" That's why it takes me so long to shop because I'm always looking for new ingredients to buy and thinking about what I could use it with! SMH!

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped green peppers
2 to 4 tsps red curry paste
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 1/2 lbs jumbo shrimps
1/2 tsp ground pepper medley
1 Tbsp garlic pepper seasoning

Clean shrimps and drain.

Cut up some onions and green peppers. Melt some butter in a sauce pan. Saute the onions and peppers in the pan.

Season the shrimps with seasoning above except for the curry paste and coconut milk; add a little sea salt & crush pepper. After the onions and peppers softens, pour in the coconut milk, add curry paste a little at a time (add as much to your liking) and simmer for about 6 to 8 minutes.

Add shrimps to the pan. And simmer for about 10 minutes.

Serve over some Thai Jasmine rice with some Baby Spring Mix Salad and Chunks of pineapples on the side. Yummy!!!

Enjoy!

Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment