Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Beef Short Ribs Adobo with Spinach


Once again, I was going through my cook book looking for recipes I haven't tried yet once again. My friend had me craving for beef ribs for weeks but I wanted to do something different. I didn't use the spinach because I was running out of time and the kids had to go to bed. Plus I already had green beans and salad... Next time I will definitely add the spinach! Not sure where I found this recipe from but this was truly delish! The sauce was amazing!

Ingredients:
4lb beef short ribs, well trimmed
3/4 cup white vinegar
1 1/2 cup water
3 Tbsps Light soy sauce (I used the reg. soy sauce...)
6 garlic cloves, peeled (I used minced garlic...I ran out of fresh garlic)
2 Shallots; chopped (I used red onion because I didn't have any shallots on hand)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 Bay leaves
2 Tbsps vegetable oil (I used canola oil)
Fresh spinach; blanched

*I added red pepper flakes to add some heat to it!

Trim off and discard fat; cut meat into cube leaving the bones attached. Place beef into a saucepan with vinegar, water, soy sauce, garlic, shallots, black pepper, salt and bay leaves; bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered, for 40 minutes.Remove beef. Decrease vinegar liquid; bring to a boil. Lower heat and reduce to 2/3 cup.

Heat oil in a skillet; brown beef until evenly seared. Pour sauce over beef.

I served the ribs with some green beans, Basmati rice and salad.

Enjoy!

Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment