Thursday, February 25, 2010

Shrimp & Broccoli

July 8, 2009
Oh I was having seafood withdrawals!!! I don't live close to a fish market so I don't get the chance to go as frequent as I would like to! That's one thing I miss about New York City! No matter where you live there's always a fish market near by!!! I love me some seafood! Especially a nice Whiting sandwich on rye bread with lots of hot sauce!!! My mouth is watering right now! That's another thing I haven't found yet since I've been in PA...fresh Whitings! All they sell is those nasty frozen Whitings. I like my seafood fresh! So I decided to have a Seafood Fest one night! I played around with some ingredients and came up with a lovely dish of Shrimp & Broccoli to add to my mini seafood fest! We had all this delicious seafood and no veggies so I had to come up with something.

Yummy! It came out great! Don't really measure so you'll just have to use your best judgment...that's what I did and the sauce was really delish! I served it over some white long grain rice.

Ingredients:

1 lb of fresh extra large gulf shrimps
fresh broccoli
chicken broth
canola oil
crushed garlic
powdered ginger
rice vinegar
corn starch
diced onions
crushed red pepper flakes
paprika
green peppers
bean sprouts (canned...I didn't have time to pick up fresh ones)
soy sauce
Salt & Pepper, to taste

I combined chicken broth, ginger, rice vinegar, paprika, soy sauce, red pepper flakes and corn starch in a measuring cup and whisked until corn starch dissolved. In a sauce pan I heat oil and then sauteed onions and garlic. Then I poured in gravy mixture followed by broccoli, shrimps, and green peppers. Cover & simmered for 5 minutes or so and then added the bean sprouts...salt and pepper. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.

Mini Seafood Fest at home: crab legs, broiled Lobster Tails, fried jumbo battered shrimps, fried porgies, salad, spicy Western fries and shrimp & broccoli served on top of white rice!

BAM!!!! We are overdue for another Seafood Fest! :(

Enjoy!

Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment