Saturday, February 20, 2010

Spicy Cucumber Blend

I really wanted a toss salad but didn't have any lettuce on hand and didn't feel like going to get any either. haha I usually make this in the summer...great way to cool you down on those hot summer days or evening. I normally just eye ball the measurements of ingredients when I'm cooking and taste as I go. Since I'm blogging this recipe, I'm trying to give you the closest measurements as possible. Sometimes I forget to write the amounts down when I'm making something which I'm working on! So please by all means...TASTE TEST as you go!


Ingredients:

1 cucumber, sliced
1 tomato, diced
1 green pepper, sliced
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
pinch of sugar
1 1/2 tsps chili garlic sauce
pinch of cayenne
Salt & Pepper (S&P), to taste
About a cap full of vinegar
1 1/2 cap full of lemon juice or 1 juice of a lemon
About 2 to 3 Tbsps Italian Herb dipping oil

In a bowl add cucumbers, tomato, green peppers, and red onions. In a seperate bowl, whisk together sugar, chili garlic sauce, cayenne, S&P, vinegar, lemon juice and Italian Herb dipping oil until well blend! I like my dressing thick...

Pour dressing over cucumber mixture and toss.

Enjoy!

I served this with fried haddock, fried shrimps and roasted potatoes & broccoli.




Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

2 comments: