Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Baked Macaroni and Cheese

Who doesn't love baked macaroni & cheese? My girls love it and can't get enough of my baked mac & cheese! There's no one way to make this delicious dish! I've used all types of cheeses, herbs, spices, etc. to my baked mac & cheese. I have even added bacon or Italian sausages to my mac & cheese before! It's all about the cheese and don't forget the butter! I just started using butter in my mac & cheese a few months ago after seeing someones recipe in MySpace Recipe Forum and have been using ever since! I use to only add little pieces of butter on top of the Cheez-Its but now I add it in my egg mixture as well. As long as you have lots of cheese you can't go wrong...that's just my opinion! haha! I DO NOT do boxed macaroni! No! No! No! Just can't do...been that way as a child! I love it when someone put some TLC when they prepare their baked mac & cheese...well that goes for any dish! Because when I'm in my kitchen cooking I sure add a whole bunch of TLC to my meals! ;)

I'll just give you the basic recipe I use often.

Ingredients:

1 box of elbows noodles
2 pks (8 oz) Kraft extra sharp cheese, shredded
2 pks (8 oz) Kraft sharp cheese, shredded
2 pks (8 oz) Kraft mild cheese, shredded
1 pk (8 oz) mozzarella cheese, shredded
6 Tbsps butter, melted, divided (1 Tbsp to cut in small blocks to place on top)
3 large eggs
1 cup of milk (sometimes I use heavy cream)
2 1/2 cups of Cheez-Its, crumbled
1/2 tsp paprika
Salt & pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp hot sauce


Preheat oven to 375 F. Cook pasta according to the box instructions. Place 5 Tbsps of butter in a microwaveable glass dish and melt butter. Take the remaining Tbsp of butter and cut into small cubes, place cubes in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use. Mix the eggs, butter, paprika, S&P, hot sauce & milk in a bowl and set a side. Take the half of the pasta and pour in the bottom of baking pan; layer with half of all 3 cheeses & half of the egg mixture; slightly stir to blend. And the rest of all the ingredients except for the Cheez-Its; stir once or twice & put in the oven.

Cook for 30 minutes; remove from oven, add the Cheez-Its on top & place the cubes throughout the top; and bake for 10 minutes or until Cheez-Its are golden brown. Let sit for 10 minutes.


Enjoy!!!


Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment