Saturday, February 27, 2010

Southwest Stuffed Burgers

Rachael Ray Magazine

I seen this in one of my Rachael Ray Magazines and just had to try it! These were truly delish and each time I make them me and my girls enjoy them every time. Of cause I don't stick to the recipe. I make my own salsa, use different cheeses (like the pic above, I used Muenster cheese), and sometimes I use ground turkey or chicken instead of ground beef. Doesn't matter which way I go with it it's always delicious!


Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb. extra lean ground beef
1/4 cup Mayonnaise, divided
1 pkg. (1 1/4oz.) Taco Bell Home Originals Taco Seasoning Mix
1/2 cup Kraft Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese Crumbles
1/2 cup Taco Bell Originals Salsa, divided
6 lettuce leaves
6 slices tomato
6 hamburger buns, split

Preheat greased grill to medium-high heat. Mix meat, 3 Tbsps of the mayo and the seasoning mix; shape into 12 thin patties. Combine cheese and 2 Tbsps of the salsa; spoon over 6 of the patties. Cover each with one of the remaining patties; pinch edges together to seal.

Grill 7 minutes on each side or until cooked through (160 f). Place burgers on top rack of grill, place slice of cheese on top and let melt. Meanwhile, combine remaining 2 Tbsps salsa and remaining 1 Tbsp mayo.

Place lettuce, tomatoes and burgers on bottom halves of buns; top with salsa mixture. Cover with tops of buns.

Enjoy!


Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment