Sunday, February 21, 2010

Crock Pot Lemony BBQ Chicken

RecipeZaar.com
I found this recipe Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Legs recipe on RecipeZaar.com and decided to try it! It's one of those relaxing Sundays where I don't feel like standing over the stove!

I did minor adjustments to this recipe. I used 3 quarter legs. I removed the skin. I added a few ingredients to the recipe. So I'm going to call this Crock Pot Lemon BBQ Chicken! OMG...the lemony flavor really brightened up the BBQ sauce! Must try guys!

Added ingredients:

* salt and pepper, to taste
* zest of a lemon
* 1/2 cup of green onions, chopped
* sprinkles of red pepper flakes

I seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper. I added the onions and lemon zest to the BBQ sauce. Brushed the sauce onto the chicken. I cooked the chicken High for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. I don't like wet meat so I transferred the chicken and a little of the juices from the crock pot to a baking dish; put it in the oven on 350 degrees for about 10 minutes; and served with some potato salad, rice, collard greens and cornbread! Yummy!!!

Enjoy!

Jill's Comfort Zone

1 comment:

  1. Stir in garlic and cook another minute or so.
    In a large bowl mix together the oats, flour, baking
    powder, protein powder, and salt. Hamilton
    Beach 33967 6 Features:.
    Feel free to visit my weblog : crock pot Reviews

    ReplyDelete