Saturday, February 27, 2010

Coconut-Curry Shrimp

Please excuse the quality of this picture. When I first decided to start taking pictures on my food which was back in 2006 I had a crappy digital camera as you can see! LOL! I just wanted to put a picture to the recipe. I will be making this again and will take a better picture to replace this one. Sorry. As I was telling you in my Thai Curry Coconut Shrimp blog, my friend HoneyB sent me this recipe to try and I love it! I believe I've made this 2 more times so I probably do have a better picture save on my computer some where. Hopefully I'll find it soon so you don't have to strain your eyes looking at this one! LOL!

HoneyB, I'm re-posting the recipe here because I can't find the link on your blog. LOL!

Ingredients:
1 tsp canola oil
1/2 cup minced onions
1/2 cup red pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp ground cumin
3/4 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 cup coconut milk
2 tsps sugar
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 lb jumbo shrimps
2 Tbsps chopped fresh cilantro

Heat oil in large nonstick sauce pan over med. heat. Saute onions, red pepper and garlic until veggies begin to soften. Season with cumin, coriander, and curry powder. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in coconut milk, sugar and red crushed pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes. Stir in shrimps and increase heat to med.-high. Cook and stir until shrimps cook through, about 4 minutes. Stir in cilantro and remove from heat.

Serve over rice.

Enjoy!


Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment