Monday, February 1, 2010

Italian Style Baked Mac & Cheese

 
Posted by Picasa




Hello Readers! This is my first blog entry so bare with me. LOL! I'm still trying to figure it all out right now. Anyway, last night while cooking dinner I wanted to try something new to do with baked macaroni and cheese which is one of my most loved dishes! I wanted a different taste! My friends and family just loves my macaroni and cheese. So I just wing this one...

Ingredients:

1 box Farfalle Pasta noodles
1 block Fontina cheese, shredded
Approximately 1 cup Parmagiano Reggiano, grated (save some to put on the top of the mac & cheese)
1 pk Colby & Montery Jack Cheese, shredded
1 1/2 pk Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
5 Tbsps Butter, melted
1/2 cup Milk
2 large Eggs
3 to 4 drops of Hot Sauce
A few sprinkles of Paprika
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Approximately 1/2 to 2/3's pk Sliced Pepperoni,(for the pieces to put inside the mac & cheese I slice them in 4 pieces and left a couple whole to put on top of the dish)

Follow the directions on the box of Farfalle pasta. While the pasta is boiling, mix milk, eggs, hot sauce, paprika, butter, salt and pepper in a bowl. After you drain the noodles, you put them in a large mixing bowl. Then add all the cheeses, pepperoni and pour in the egg & butter mixture and mix well making sure that everything is blended well! Put the mixture in a baked dish, top with the whole slices of pepperoni, cover and bake for about 30 minutes. Remove the cover and bake until lightly brown on top!

This is truly delish!

Enjoy!

Jill's Comfort Zone

6 comments:

  1. Looks Yummy, Jill!! -Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what up! Keep doing it! I may also use this one day! when I get into my cooking mode! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOUNDS DELISH CAN'T WAIT TO TRY! RESSIE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! It's definitely a must try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pepperoni and I love mac n cheese, so this sounds really awesome. ~Krista

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh then Krista you would just love this!

    ReplyDelete