Saturday, February 27, 2010

Grilled Chicken Bites

5/9/2008

I'm always trying to create something new. Food gets boring if you keep eating the same old stuff over and over again. In my house we eat nothing but chicken, seafood and beef oh and lots of veggies. So sometimes I just pull out some herbs, seasonings, etc. and start mixing things together and give it a taste test. If it taste good and my other two taste testers (Beena and Jazzie) approves, then that's what I'm using! LOL! Yeah, I spend too much time in my kitchen but that's what relaxes me!

Below are the ingredients that won the taste test for my Grilled Chicken Bites! I had to adjust the ingredients until I got it right and of cause I didn't write down the measurements when I made this. :( I use my stove top grill when it's cold outside, raining or snowing.

Dried oregano leaves
Cilantro
Garlic & pepper seasoning
Paprika
Peppercorn Medley
Tabasco
Sesame oil
Lea&Perrins Marinade for Chicken
2 to 3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts

Wet rub: Take the first 7 ingredients and whisk together. Set aside to use later.

Clean chicken; place chicken in a zip lock baggie and seal; and using a mallet, pound chicken to flatten. Remove chicken from baggie; cut into bite size pieces and place in a sealable bowl. Pour the Lea&Perrins Marinade for Chicken over chicken pieces, toss to coat, seal and place in the fridge to marinade for up to 1 hour or more.

Lightly spray grill with Olive Oil no-stick cooking spray and heat med.-high. Remove chicken from fridge. Once grill is hot, place chicken pieces on grill. Cook for 10 minutes per side, turning once and brush on wet mix after turning the last time.


You can serve this on top of salad too! This is truly delish peeps!

Enjoy!


Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment