Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Jill's Potato Gnocchi Surprise

 


I was shopping at Trader Joe's last Thursday stocking up on food before the big blizzard hit that Friday! So while shopping I was thinking of meals that would go a long way because there was no telling when we'd be able to go back to the market! I've always wanted to try Potato Gnocchi but just didn't know what to do with them. As I shopped all kinds of ideas popped up in my head! I'm so glad I did go food shopping because boy oh boy did we get hit hard with snow! The weather man predicted that we would get 6 to 7 inches but instead we ended up with 21 inches! Stores were closed and everything! SMH! It's still a mess out there! Overall, my girls enjoyed every bit of what mother nature dropped on us!

Ok, back to the recipe! LOL! So Sunday I put together this delicious meal!

Ingredients:

1 pk(17.6oz) potato gnocchi
1 jar(26oz) tomato basil Marinara
1 pk spicy Italian Vino & formaggio chicken sausage, sliced
1 med. onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 red pepper, diced
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup shredded Mozerella cheese
1 cup grated parmagiano reggiano
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
2/3 cup Burgundy
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat up oil (just enough to coat the pan) in frying pan and brown sausages in a pan. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and then add potato gnocchi. When the potato gnocchi floats to the top, remove and drain.

After browning sausages, set aside on paper towel to drain. Slice the sausages. Add onions, green & red peppers and saute until veggies are softened. Stir in burgundy, scraping bits from the bottom of the pan, and cook until reduced by half. Pour in tomato basil marinara, sausages and simmer for 5 minutes.

Place potato gnocchi in a baking dish, pour sauce over potato gnocchi and blend well. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly!

Enjoy!


Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try gnocchi, too, but I also don't really know what to do with it. This looks good. ~KB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh KB you must try this...so good girl! We loved it! I will be making this again!

    ReplyDelete