Saturday, February 27, 2010

Macaroni Salad

4/12/2009
There are many ways to make macaroni salad. I switch up from time to time with my macaroni salads. I'm just going to list my basic one that I use most of the time. Remember I usually eye ball my measurements and I'm heavy handed so I usually make large portions. I couldn't find a picture where I place the sliced eggs on top. :(

Ingredients:

1 box elbow macaroni, cooked, drained

1 can tuna, drained, flaked

1 can salmon, drained, bones removed, flaked

1 cup celery, finely chopped

1 cup Mayo (add more if needed)

4 boiled eggs, peeled, chopped (save one egg to slice to place on top of salad)

1/2 cup onions

2 to 3 tsps sweet relish

1 Tbsp Dijon mustard

1 to 2 drops of hot sauce

1 small red pepper, finely chopped

Salt & pepper, to taste

paprika to sprinkle on top


Place the cooked/drained macaroni in a large bowl. Remove the cooked egg yolks for three of the boiled eggs and place in a small bowl; use a fork to mash up the egg yolks and set aside. Take the egg whites and chop them up then add to the bowl of macaroni.

In a separate med. size mixing bowl add all the remaining ingredients including the egg yolks you mashed except for the tuna, salmon, salt, paprika, and pepper; and mix well. (This is where I do my taste test to make sure my mayo dressing is the way that I like it.) Add the tuna and salmon to the bowl of macaroni and egg white and mix well.


Now pour mayo dressing in the bowl of macaroni mixture and blend together. Now add your salt and pepper to taste. Place mixture in a bowl or glass dish; garnish with sliced eggs; and sprinkle paprika on top for color.


Enjoy!



Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment