Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Spicy Mexican Lamb Kebabs

Cooking Pleasures Magazine
I ran across this recipe in my Cooking Pleasures Magazine. OMG...it's amazing! They were truly delicious! My kids wanted hot sauce on theirs! I guess the taste was too gamey for them. haha

Ingredients:

- Marinade:
1 dried ancho chile, seeded, deveined, torn into pieces (I'm using the dried, ground Ancho chile)
1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro (I used dried)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup lime juice
2 green jalapeno chiles, halved, seeded and deveined, if desired
1 garlic clove
2 tsps canola oil
1 tsp coarse salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

- Lamb:
1 1/2 lb. well-trimmed boneless leg of lamb, cubed
1 red onion, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
cilantro sprigs
Lime wedges

Soak ancho chile in small bowl of boiling water to cover 30 minutes or until chile is soft. Strain, reserving soaking liquid. Place chile and all remaining marinade ingredients in blender or processor; blend or process to form smooth paste, adding reserved soaking liquid as needed. (I used ground Ancho chile.)
Pour marinade over lamb and red onion in resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate 2 hours, turning occasionally.

Heat grill. Remove lamb and onion from marinade, leaving on plenty of the spice paste; discard marinade. Alternately thread lamb and onion onto skewers. Grill, covered, over med. - high heat or coals 8 to 10 minutes or until browned on all sides and lamb is pink in center. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges. (I didn't use cilantro sprigs or lime wedges.)

I also made a Spinach Salad w. Semi Italian Dressing, and Grilled Zucchini to go with the kabobs!

Enjoy!

Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment