Sunday, February 7, 2010

Stewed Salmon Steaks

 



I just love me some seafood and salmon steaks are one of my favorites! This is when posting recipes becomes a little difficult for me because I'm more free handed and rarely use measurements when cooking most of my meals except for when I'm trying something new. So bare with me on this recipes...haha!

Ingredients:

*3 Salmon Steaks
*1 onion, sliced
*1 green pepper, sliced
*1 red pepper, sliced
*3 garlic cloves, minced
*3 plum tomatoes, diced or a can of diced tomatoes
*1 tsp red pepper flakes or 1/2 tsp cayenne (depending if you like it spicy)
*Salt & pepper, to taste
*1/2 Tbsp paprika
*1 tsp dried oregano
*1 tsp dried thyme
*Extra Virgin Olive Oil, just to coat the pan
*Lime Juice

Season the steaks with salt, pepper, cayenne (if you like it spicy; you can also use red pepper flakes too instead of the cayenne) and paprika. Brown the steaks in a sauce pan with olive oil. Remove steaks from pan and set aside; draining on some paper towel.

Place the onions, green & red peppers in the pan and saute until veggies are soften; then add the garlic; and cook for about 2 more minutes. Add the tomatoes to the onion mixture (if you use the canned tomatoes, pour the juice in too) with some fresh lime juice and the remaining seasoning. Bring to simmer then return the salmon to the pan and cover. Cover for about 5 to 7 minutes more.

I like a little crust on mines so I sometimes take the sauce pan and put it in a 350 degrees oven and bake uncovered for about 3 to 5 minutes or so.

Enjoy!

Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment