Saturday, February 20, 2010

Georgia Peach Chicken Sandwiches

Rachael Ray's Magazine
I saw this in Rachael Ray's Magazine about a year ago and always wanted to try this! It sound odd but yummy! I was truly going to play with my taste buds this day! LOL! I couldn't find pickled jalapeno chiles so substituted it...click on the link below. That was close enough for me! ;) OMG...this was truly delish! Ciara and the girls didn't like the sauce but me and Kevin enjoyed it! Yummy!

Ingredients:
1lb chicken breast cutlets
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 mayonnaise
3 Tbsps finely chopped pickled jalapeno chiles (See, Jalapeno Mayonnaise, substitute)
1/2 cup pecans, finely ground
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup EVOO
4 kaiser rolls, split
1 peach, thinly sliced
8 green-leaf lettuce leaves



I toasted the raw pecans and then processed them in the food processor.






































In a medium bowl, combine the chicken and buttermilk. In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and Jalapeno Mayonnaise. In a shallow bowl, combine the pecans and bread crumbs. working with one piece at a time, remove the chicken cutlets from the buttermilk, letting the excess drip off, and coat with the pecan mixture.

In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the cutlets and cook, turning once, until golden-brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.

Spread the Jalapeno Mayonnaise on the cut sides of each kaiser roll. Assemble sandwiches with the chicken, peach and lettuce.

I serve it with some oven fries!

Enjoy!

Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

2 comments: