Sunday, February 21, 2010

Jamaican Jerk Chicken

Oh man do I love me some Jerk Chicken! The girls were just cleaning the snow off the grill outside and I was wishing it was at least spring so that I could light that baby up and start grilling! *sighs* My mouth is truly watering right now! This recipe is truly delish!!!


1 Tbsp ground allspice
1 Tbsp dried thyme
1 1/2 tsps cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tsps pepper
1 1/2 tsps ground sage
3/4 ground nutmeg
3/4 ground cinnamon
2 Tbsps garlic powder
1 Tbsp sugar
Salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup vinegar
1/2 OJ
1 lime juice
1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper or habanero
3 green onion, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
4 to 6 chicken breasts

After cleaning, poke wholes in chicken. Deseed and finely chop scotch bonnet pepper. In a large bowl, combine the allspice, thyme, cayenne, pepper, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, garlic powder and sugar. Slowly whisk in the olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, OJ and lime juice. Add bonnet pepper, onion and mix well.

Add the chicken, cover and marinate for at least 1 hour, longer if possible. Grill on each side for 10 - 15 minutes or until fully cooked. While grilling, baste w. marinade.

Enjoy!

Jill's Comfort Zone

2 comments:

  1. We grill year round here in Washington even if there's snow or rain. It's not as fun, but the taste of smoky grilled food is too good to just save for summer! I might give this recipe a try, but I think I'll sub in a jalapeno for the Scotch bonnet because I'm a huge wuss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I do inside but the stove top grill gets too darn smoky! LOL! Plus all that snow about back...I can't even get to the grill girl! LOL!

    ReplyDelete