Saturday, February 13, 2010

Baby Back Pork Ribs

Rachael Ray's Magazine





For Labor Day I was having a small family gathering! I don't cook much pork except for bacon and sausages...those are the only two things that I eat as far as pork goes! I can't resist some crispy bacon!! Yummy! Since I was having company, why not. Just because I don't eat don't mean I should deprive others of it! haha So I saw this recipe while I was reviewing one of my Rachael Ray Magazines and thought I'd give it a shot. Everyone truly enjoyed the ribs!

3 Tbsps paprika
2 Tbsps crushed red pepper
1 1/2 Tbsps onion powder
1 1/2 Tbsps garlic powder
1 1/2 Tbsps dried basil
1 1/2 Tbsps dried mustard
2 tsps dried thyme
2 tsps ground ginger
1 TbspSalt
1/4 tsp black pepper
6 1/2 pounds baby back pork ribs, cut into 3-rib pieces (I didn't cut mines)
3 Tbsps vegetable oil

In a small bowl, combine the paprika, crushed red pepper, onion powder, basil, mustard, thyme, ginger, 1 Tbsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper.

Preheat the grill to medium. Arrange the ribs on a large piece of Heavy Duty aluminum foil (or a baking sheet) and rub on both sides with the oil, then season generously with the spice mixture. If using a baking sheet, cover baking sheet tightly with foil and grill, with the cover down, until the meat is tender. I just used the aluminum foil, double wrapped the ribs and put them babies on the grill. The recipe said to cook for about an hour but I don't play when it comes to cooking pork! That baby must be well done! So I let mines cook for about an extra 30 to 40 minutes checking frequently to make sure it doesn't burn or over cook.

Remove the foil and place ribs directly on the grill. Cook, turning once, until lightly charred, about 10 minutes.

*Make sure if you're only going to using the aluminum without a pan, that your ribs are sealed without any holes to avoid the oil from dripping down in the grill. It will be an ugly sight...trust me! It happened to me and I had to use lots of salt to tame the flames! NOT FUN! LOL

Enjoy!

Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment