Sunday, February 21, 2010

Herbed Sweet n Sour Chicken

Another recipe I decided to try while going through my homemade cook books. LOL This is truly a delish and quick meal! I forgot to take a pic but when I make it again I will post one here!

Update:  So I found some pictures guys!!!  Not perfect but at least you have a visual!  hahahaha!  I thought I didn't take pictures but the truth is I couldn't figure out what this dish was to save my life until I was going through my food pics on Facebook!  LOL!  #Moving to fast



Ingredients:

2/3 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
1 1/3 cups water
6 Tbsps olive oil
6 Tbsps soy sauce
6 Tbsps honey
3 Tbsps distilled white vinegar
1 1/2 tsps dried thyme
1 1/2 tsps ground paprika
1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1 tsp ground black pepper
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix rice and water in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, until rice is tender. 

In a medium bowl, blend the olive oil, soy sauce, honey, and vinegar. Mix in thyme, paprika, cayenne pepper, allspice, and black pepper. Place chicken breasts in a medium baking dish, and coat with the olive oil mixture.



Place chicken in a preheated oven, and, basting occasionally with the olive oil mixture, cook 30 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear. Serve over rice with remaining olive oil mixture.

Enjoy!


Jill's Comfort Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment