Monday, February 1, 2010

Italian Style Ravioli Lasagna



The first time I made this I used frozen cheese ravioli's, provolone and added some Procuitto to spunk it up a bit! I don't remember where I found the original recipe...it's been so long! OMG! It was so good! I get bored with the same old thing a lot! So I was shopping one day and saw the Sausage Ravioli's and said Mmmmmm...let's switch it up a bit!

2 pks of Family size frozen Sausage Ravioli
1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
2 Tbsps EVOO
1 1/2 to 2 lbs ground sirloin, pork and veal
2 jars of spaghetti Sauce or homemade

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bring a pot of water to boil, season heavily with salt. Cook Ravioli for about 6 minutes, until almost cooked through. Drain and lay flat one a plate to avoid them from sticking together. Set aside until ready to assemble the lasagna.

Pour some sauce to the bottom of the baked dish. Put some ravioli on top of sauce, then cheese, and more sauce. Repeat method 2 more times! After the last layer of ravioli, pour more sauce and then finish off with the rest of the cheese on top. Bake for 10 minutes until cheese is bubbly.

*You can garnish with basil and parsley.

Enjoy!

Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I made a version of this and loved it! Thanks for the inspiration, Jill. ~Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great idea! I have heard of ravioli lasagna but haven't tried it yet. I'm betting Grumpy would love the sausage version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks HoneyB! I am sorry for the last reply! Now I'd love to try this with some sausage!!!

      Delete