Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Slow Berry Cobbler



I just love me some berries!!! Yummy! So for Thanksgiving 2008 I was looking for a new dessert to make. A friend of mines from MySpace, EtherealGirl, gave me this recipe to try and once I saw all these berries that was in the recipe I knew I had to test this baby out! Her recipe just didn't call for blackberries but if I was going to do berries, I had to go all the way! LOL Well, I didn't go all the way because I was missing a few more berries. I've been making it ever since. I tried it with frozen berries but found that using fresh berries is best! The texture is more thicker and the flavors are richer using fresh than frozen berries. I've never thought of making cobbler in a Crock Pot before so I was curious! I'm a girl willing to try most things at least once and this was delicious! My family and friends enjoy it every time I make it! Thanks EtherealGirl for sharing this delicious dessert recipe!!!

Filling:
1 container fresh strawberries
1 container fresh blueberries
1 container fresh raspberries
1 container fresh blackberries
1/3 to 2/3 cup sugar, depending on your level of preferred sweetness
1/2 cup baking mix (Bisquick)

Topping:
2 1/4 cups baking mix
1/4 cup sugar, plus 1/4 cup
4 Tbsps butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
2 tsps ground cinnamon

Spray the insert of a slow cooker/crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.

In a large mixing bowl, toss together all the frozen fruit, sugar and 1/2 cup baking mix. Transfer the fruit to the slow crock pot. In another large mixing bowl, stir together 2 1/4 cups baking mix, 1/4 cup sugar, melted butter and milk with a wooden spoon. With your hands, drop bits of dough on top of the fruit in the crock pot. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and ground cinnamon. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top of the dough and place the lid on the crock pot. Turn the power onto high and slow cook for 3 to 4 hours until the topping has puffed and the fruit is bubbling.

Serve warm. I served mines with butter pecan ice cream on top. Yummy

Enjoy!

Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. I've never used a crockpot for a dessert either! Sounds delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it was!!! And it's easy to make too! You know I'm not much of a dessert maker...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of using a slow cooker for baking cakes and making bread pudding, too! Versatile things, they are, though I've never tried making dessert in mine, either! ~KB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey KB! That's going to be my next project...baking a cake using my Crockpot! LOL

    ReplyDelete