Saturday, March 6, 2010

Whole Chicken Crock Pot

 Before...

So today I decided to put my whole chicken in the crock pot because I knew I had a lot to do.  I sure wasn't coming home to prepare dinner.  Once I came home, all I had to do was start my rice cooker put the veggies on top to steam and dinner was complete!!!  Well I did have to put the chicken in the oven for about 10 minutes so that the skin could crisp up a little.  I can't stand my meat to be wet and wiggly!  When I lifted the chicken out of the crock pot then damn meat was falling of the bones!  Whew!!!

Ingredients:
3 Tbsps salt
2 tsps paprika
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 large roasting chicken
1 cup onions, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
1/2 red pepper, sliced
1 apple, sliced
2 to 3 Tbsps EVOO

After you clean the chicken, pat it dry and set aside.  Put the first 8 ingredients in a bowl and blend well.  Place onions and peppers in the bottom of the crock pot.  Brush chicken with oil; rub with seasoning; and sprinkle a little seasoning inside the cavity.  Stuff the sliced apples inside the chicken.  Place chicken in crock pot, cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or High 4 to 6 hours.



After....see how it fell apart!  This is a pic after I took it out of the oven. 

*No need to add any liquid.  This chicken with make it's own juices.  See all the juice the chicken made...

Enjoy!



Jill's Comfort Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment