Thursday, March 4, 2010

Grilled Cajun Shrimp with Homemade Essence

BEFORE...
I was browsing the Internet one afternoon looking for some to do with my tilapia I had took out to make for dinner. I wanted some cajun shrimps but didn't have any Cajun seasoning on hand so I used Emeril's Essence recipe from Food Network.  Then I thought to myself, since I'm going to make Cajun shrimps I might as well make Cajun fish too!  So now I needed a recipe for the fish.  I ran across two recipes that caught my eye and decided to combine the two with my own twist to it.  The first one was Cajun Broiled Tilapia and the other one was Oven Roasted Fish With Potatoes.  Both was very appealing to me but I needed a little more added.  ;)

These were truly delicious!  I don't have the finances to keep up with Food Network where they have that perfect magical dish waiting to display!  Yup...some of the shrimps burnt in the process!  TRIAL and ERROR BABY!  So there was no dumping these babies in the trash and trying them again!  I didn't eat the burnt ones...  Oh, I will be making them again because they were truly delish!  But for now...BAM!  LOL!  If I was having guest's over, no I would not serve them.  Well I would but without the burnt ones!  CTFU (cracking the fuck up)!!!

AFTER....LOL!  I did throw away the ones that were really brunt!  haha

Ingredients:
Homemade Essence 
1 1/2 lb. uncooked extra large shrimps, shell removed, deveined and cleaned
1/3 cup EVOO
Juice of 1 lime
Skewers

Once shrimps has been clean and drained, place them in a bowl.  Whisk EVOO and Lime juice in a bowl.  Pour oil mixture over the shrimps, toss to coat, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.

Add a small amount of Homemade Essence into a zip lock baggie; add a few shrimps at a time to the essence, making sure they are fully coated; and thread shrimps onto skewers.  Grill for 3 minutes per side.  Remove Shrimps from skewers and serve. 



The only changes I made to the Homemade Essence seasoning was the measurements, and I used paprika and smoked paprika.













I made extra to store for later use.  You can use an old seasoning container or spice jar (like the pic to your left) to store the extra Essence in which can be store for up to a year. 












I serve the Cajun shrimps with Cajun Roasted Tilapia w. Potatoes & Veggies and salad.

Enjoy!

Jill's Comfort Zone







Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment