Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Shrimp and Pasta

I was in a rush to get dinner ready last week so the kids can get in the bed that I forgot to take pics! SMH! So I took some some to work with me the next day for lunch and figured I'd take a mobile shot. The day after food on the go! LOL! I used Emeril's Shrimp and Pasta recipe on Food Network and switched up the pasta because I didn't have linguini on hand so I used fettuccine! Oh man...I'm starting to love pasta more and more. We also had toss salad and fried Tilapia with it. Plus I added a piece a fried chicken to my lunch tray that I made that morning for the girls lunch! LOL! Yes, call me greedy! ;)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb. jumbo shrimp
2 tsps Homemade Essence 
2 tsps unsalted butter, plus 2 more
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Tbsps chopped parsley (I didn't use. Didn't have any on hand.)
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 lb. cooked linguini (I used fettuccine)
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup chopped green onions, chopped

Toss shrimps in a med. bowl with the Essence.

Place the olive oil and 2 Tbsps of butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add the shrimps to the pan, spreading them evenly in 1 layer. Cook for 2 minutes then turn over. Add garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Add the wine, lemon zest and remaining 2 Tbsps of the butter and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Season the shirmp with salt and pepper and add pasta, crushed red pepper flakes, and green onions, tossing to coat well. Remove the skillet from heat, add the parsley, and toss to combine. Serve hot.

Enjoy!



Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment