Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sweet & Sour Wings

I had a wonderful Palm's Sunday! Me and the girls went to church with Ciara! I had to give thanks to the Lord for continuing to Bless me! I need to visit more...yes I am guilty!  I sealed the deal on our new place Saturday! Finally getting up outta here! I've been having a taste for some sweet and sour chicken for a few days now so I decided to make some yesterday after service. I also made some Crab Cakes per the girls request with some spinach, white rice and salad. Oh and can't forget some Homemade Tartar Sauce!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp corn starch
2 Tbsps sesame oil
2 lbs or more wingettes
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
1/2 Tbsp onion powder


Season the wings with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Line cookie sheet with foil, spray with olive oil cooking spray and line wings on top.


In a sauce pan, combine red wine vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, sesame oil and 1/4 cup water. Over med-high heat, heat until sauce boils and thickens; boil 1 minute or so. Remove saucepan from heat.




Set oven to 450 degrees; broil 25 to 30 minutes until wings are tender and golden, turning wings occasionally and brushing with sauce during the last 10 minutes of broiling.



Enjoy!


Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Those look delicious, as always! I have a question on the broiling, though. You say to set your oven to 450 and to use the broiler. Mine doesn't work like that. If I set it to broil, I don't get a choice of temp. If I use the temp. control, then just the bottom oven coil heats. Is your oven different? Also, your sauce...yum...I have never tried to heat the sauce prior to putting it on the wings. I always marinate the wings and then cook in the sauce, draining it toward the end of cooking so they aren't soggy. I'm giving your method a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well since I was using wingettes I didn't want to put them directly under the broiler because they would have burned! If I was using whole wings, I would have set my oven to broil and put them underneath! No my oven isn't different! Yes, heat the sauce first and then apply to wings...they will not come out soggy at all! ;)

    ReplyDelete