Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spicy Pork Chops

All who knows me know that I don't cook much pork except for bacon and sausage. I love me some crispy bacon!!! But my girls love some pork chops, pork ribs, ham, etc. So at least once a year I'll pick up some pork chops or pork ribs from the market to make for them. My ex loves him some pork chops so when we were together they girls enjoyed having him over for dinner...pork chops, pork roast, ham, or pork ribs at least once week! LOL!

Sorry for the non-pic blogs but I'm going through my cook book and posting as I go along. I've made these recipes years ago and wasn't really thinking about taking pics back then or was using my crappy digital camera at the time which I've passed on to the girls once I got my new one! LOL! They haven't used the old camera but a few times and got bored with it! Anyway, back to the recipe! My family truly enjoyed these spicy pork chops! I made it for a few Thanksgiving gatherings as well and they are always one of many appreciated food item on the menu...always the first to go first! You can make these chops on the grill, broiler or in the oven! Either way you go you can't go wrong!

Ingredients:

1 Tbsp EVOO
1 tsp chili powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp oregano, or 2 tsp fresh, chopped
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp sugar
4 boneless pork loin chops

Preheat grill or broiler. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a small heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool 3 minutes. Stir in vinegar and sugar. Arrange pork chops in a baking dish. Pour marinade over pork and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the fridge at least 30 minutes.

Grill or broil pork chops 6 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked throughout. Season with salt to taste.



Jill's Comfort Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment