Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pepper Steak

Pepper steak is one of the quickest meal for me to make when I'm pressed for time or tired. This is always one meal that I mostly eat at home or a restaurant I frequent! You just can't be too safe anymore...LOL! I want to be sure I'm eating beef and not something else! I'm not going any further on this topic...you get me drift? ;) I'm just saying... (LT) LOL! Anyway, I serve the pepper steak over some long grain white rice with steam broccoli! Delish!

Ingredients:

3 Tbsps butter or oil
1 1/2 pds round or flank steak
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onions
1 cup diced celery
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tsp sugar
2 bay leaves
3 large green peppers
1 1/2 large red peppers
1 plum tomato, chopped
1 1/2 tsps cornstarch
2 tsps soy sauce
1/4 cup cold water

Heat butter over med.-high heat, brown meat, remove and set aside. Reduce heat, saute onions for 5 minutes. Return meat to skillet, add remaining ingredients except peppers, cornstarch, soy sauce and water. Cook for about 5 minutes and then add peppers and simmer covered for 10 minutes. Blend cornstarch, soy sauce, and water in a dish; stir into meat mixture. Cook until thick and clear, about 1 to 2 minutes.

Enjoy!



Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I just took out some frozen beef strips from a London Broil that I cut up a few days ago and I have red bell peppers and onions...perhaps I'll change our stir fry into this instead. Sounds really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is truly delish hun! Let me know if you make it!

    ReplyDelete