Friday, March 5, 2010

Rustic Cheddar Mashed Potatoes

Crock Pot: Slow Cooker Recipes Magazine, 2009 Issue

I just love my Crock Pot!!!  I'm sure I've mentioned this before.  This recipe is simple. 


Ingredients:
2 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 cup water
1/3 cup butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 to 3/4 cup milk
1 1/4 tsps salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
1/2 to 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Combine potatoes and water in Crock Pot; dot with butter.  Cover; cook on LOW 6 hours or on HIGH 3 hours, or until potatoes are tender.  Transfer potatoes to large mixing bowl.

Using electric mixer at med. speed, whip potatoes until well blended.  Add milk, salt and pepper; whip until well blended.  Stir in green onions and cheese; cover.  Let stand 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend and cheese to melt.

Enjoy!


Jill's Comfort Zone

2 comments:

  1. I made a very similar mashed potato dish last night with some Irish cheese that I got at Whole foods. So delicious. I have not tried making mashed potatoes in the crock pot, though. Interesting idea!

    ReplyDelete