Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pastrami Sandwich

Pastrami is my #1! We all have our favorite sandwich meat and this is mines. Oh I don't have just one way to make a pastrami sandwich aka Hero is what we call it in Brooklyn, NY (hoagie, sub, etc.) but it must include spicy deli mustard, cooked onions (I don't care if it's grilled fried, etc. just make it hot!), pickle and cheese (varies, I use Swiss, pepper-jack, mozzarella, Gouda or muenster cheese!  No other cheese...don't care for cheddar because it takes over.) every time with some chips on the side! NO mayo and it must be hot!!!  Oh and some good sandwich bread toasted...I don't like a soggy sandwich and it can't be too messy!  I know, I know...picky eater but that's how I like it!  I don't want juice, grease or whatever running down my lips, hands and onto my shirt!  I'm good!  OH yeah, don't forget the salt, pepper and a splash of vinegar!  Everyone knows how to make a sandwich so I'm not going to post measurements...it is what it is!

 I cook the pastrami in some butter set aside; add more butter and sauteed the onions, and peppers set aside; and add more butter to toast the bread then assemble the sandwich!


So just get you some cheese (your perference), pastrami,  sliced onions (grilled or sauteed, if raw I'd go with red onions), vinegar, butter, Italian bread (or your perference), green and red peppers (sauteed), S&P to taste, splash of vinegar, spicy mustard, your favorite chips (mines is salt & vinegar and plain Lay's potato chips.  Oh and Wise Onion & Garlic potato chips) and lettuce.  Add whatever you like...

Enjoy!


Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Jill, this looks absolutely delicious! Yummy in my tummy!

    ReplyDelete