Monday, March 15, 2010

Super Skins

I can't remember where I found this recipe but I've tried it years ago.  I'm not a fan of Velveeta...it's not real cheese and the taste gross me out!  Aggghhhh!  I would truly love to try this recipe again using another type of cheese.  If anyone have any choice of cheese and have tried it before, please let me know!  Thanks in advance!

Ingredients:
6 med. baking potatoes, baked
2 Tbsps oil
1/2 lb (8oz) Velveeta Pasteurized Prepared cheese product, cut into cubes
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup sliced green onions

Preheat oven 375 degrees.  Cut potatoes in half length wise; scoop out centers, leaving 1/4 inch-thick shells.  (Reserve centers for another use)  Cut shells in half crosswise.

Place shells, skin-sides down, on ungreased baking sheet; brush insides of shells lightly with oil.  Bake 15 minutes.  Top evenly with Velveeta and bacon.  bake an additional 4 minutes or until Velveeta is melted.  Top evenly with sour cream and onions.

Enjoy!


Jill's Comfort Zone

1 comment:

  1. I would use any cheese you want! I think a smoked cheddar would be awesome or even muenster or havarti because they melt so well. You do like Velveeta, though....in fudge! Hahaha. =) ♥

    ReplyDelete