Saturday, March 13, 2010

Baked BBQ Pork Chops


From time to time I give my girls a little treat!  I call pork chops a treat because I rarely cook pork chops...maybe once a year or on special occasions.  When I make pork chops fried, baked, grilled, etc. I think of my mom because she loves her some fried pork chops!  She can have them for breakfast, lunch or dinner!  LOL!

I remember when I was visiting her one weekend she was up one Sunday morning getting ready for church frying pork chops.  So I said, oh your starting dinner early.  She looked at me like I was crazy and said, no this is my breakfast and you better make you and the girls something to eat before we leave.  Unbelievable...she had at least 3 pieces in the frying pan!  SMH!  LOL!  Well at least she still had a bag full of seasoned ones in a zip lock bag in the fridge.  I told my girls to grab a bowl of cereal and I was fine with my morning coffee. 


Ingredients:
4 pork chops
S&P, to taste
1 Tbsp oil
About 1 1/2 cup(divided) Spicy BBQ Sauce II 
Approximately 1/3 cup of water

Preheat oven 350 degrees.

In a large skillet over med. high heat, heat oil, add pork chops and brown both sides.  Remove from skillet and set aside. 

Add water to sauce to 1/2 cup of sauce and pour into the bottom of baking dish.  ( I add water so that the pork chops don't stick to the bottom of the dish.)  Add pork chops and pour 1 cup of the Spicy BBQ Sauce over pork chops. 

Cover and roast for 40 minutes.  Uncover pork chops and roast for 20 minutes or more. 

Enjoy!

Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment