Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers

My foodie friend, Little c, sent me a recipe for some bacon wrapped chicken skewers a while back. I just substituted some ingredients! I'm sure I've told you that I'm a BIG fan of bacon before. So if there's bacon involved there's a 98% chance that I'm trying it! LOL! When it comes to skewers/kabobs I always seem to burn a few in the cooking process so I always make extra to replace the ones that are badly burnt. I don't know what it is...


Ingredients:
1 pk chipotle pepper marinade
Salt & pepper
1 1/2 med. red peppers, cut into approx. 2 1/2 inch pieces
1 1/2 med. green peppers, cut into approx. 2 1/2 inch pieces
1 large onion, cut in chunks
2 lbs. boneless/skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
Skewers
1 1/2 pks bacon
Spicy chipotle BBQ sauce, optional
Juice of fresh lemon
EVOO

*If using wooden skewers, soak for 2 hours before using. Now this part I'm not sure if it really helps the skewers from not burning because mines always seem to still burn. Like I said...maybe I just have bad luck when it comes to kabobs! haha  It's definitely time for me to invest in some metal skewers. 

Once chicken is clean and cut, season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Prepare chipotle marinade following directions on package.

Place chicken in resealable plastic bag along with marinade and marinade for 1 to 2 hours in refrigerator.

Cut peppers, onions and set aside.


Remove chicken from fridge; wrap each chicken cube with a slice of bacon and thread each skewer (making sure that the skewer secures the bacon) alternating, peppers, onions and chicken.


Coat grill rack with EVOO (lightly); heat grill to med., cook approx. 15 to 20 minutes on all sides. 


Remove skewers from grill and coat with BBQ sauce.  (Optional)

Thanks Little c! 

Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment