Thursday, March 25, 2010

Homemade Blender Mayonnaise

I can't remember if I found this recipe in Kraft Foods magazine or Rachael Ray's.  After my back surgery, I couldn't really go out the house yet.  I couldn't get down the steps just yet nor was I suppose to be in the kitchen cooking but I'm hard headed at times.  I had a taste for potato salad but ran out of mayo.  I was determined to make me some potato salad so I made my own mayo.  Hey, it got the job done!!!   


Ingredients:
2 pasteurized eggs

1 1/2 to 2 Tbsps lemon juice or white wine vinegar, divided
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 cup canola oil or EVOO (for thicker mayo, slowly add up to 1/4 cup additional oil)

Blend eggs, 1 1/2 Tbsps of the lemon juice, salt and pepper in blender 30 seconds or until frothy and well-blended.  With machine running, slowly pour in oil in a very thin stream.  Egg mixture will begin to thicken after half of the oil has been absorbed.  Stir in remaining 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice for more lemon flavor, if desired.  Refrigerate, tightly covered, up to 7 days.

Enjoy!
 
Jill's Comfort Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment