Sunday, March 14, 2010

Crunchy Green Beans

Rachael Ray's Magazine

I make these all the time and always forget to take a pic!  Next weekend I will make them again and come back to post a pic.  They are truly delish!  I leave out the mushrooms most of the times because my kids don't like them and I don't always use almonds either.

Ingredients:
4 cups fresh or frozen green beans
1 1/2 cups diced celery
1 1/3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
3 Tbsps oil
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 cup cold water
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp beef bouillon granules (I use the cubes)
1/2 cup slivered almonds

Place the beans in a large saucepan and cover with water.  Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.

Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute celery and mushrooms in oil until tender.  Combine cornstarch, cold water and soy sauce until smooth; stir into celery mixture.  Stir in bouillon.  Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.  Drain beans and add to the celery mixture.  Stir in Almonds.

Enjoy!

Jill's Comfort Zone

1 comment:

  1. I love the Asia twist you've given these beans. They sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete