Saturday, March 27, 2010

Fried Green Tomatoes

I finally got the chance to try fried green tomatoes! I'm not big on tomatoes but wanted to try these because I've heard they were delish! So last September I was looking looking all over for them but the Muslim who has the veggie stand on the corner went and got some for me! I had told him about a week ago that I wanted to try some...that was really sweet of him!

So my friend, Dodger, gave me a recipe to use! Thanks hun! Love ya!!!  Yummy! I didn't even need hot sauce! I just sprinkle some salt and pepper on them and went to town! LOL My cousin told me to sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on it next time!  But after about 4 or 5 of them I had enough...the tomato taste started getting to me. I served some fried fish and salad with them.

Ingredients:
1 cup Ground corn meal
1 cup Flour
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
a pinch of cayenne
A few cups of buttermilk
Salt & Pepper
1/4 cup olive oil (Bacon drippings if you have some. I was out of bacon. :( )


Mix the first 4 ingredients together in a bowl or dish you can dredge in. Then in another bowl put a couple of cups of buttermilk seasoned with some salt and pepper. Slice up your tomatoes about 3/8"-1/2" thick.

Dip, dredge and fry.

Enjoy!


Jill's Comfort ZonePosted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment