Thursday, March 18, 2010

Honey Butter

I'm always in the mood to experiment and try new recipes.  About a year or two ago I was searching the internet and ran across this honey butter recipe.  I don't remember where I found this but it caught my eye.  Since I was grilling corn this day, I decide to try it out.  I didn't add the bacon because I was having company that day and they don't eat pork.  :(  But believe me...the next time I made it the bacon is going in!!!  Of cause bacon was still involved because I was making Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers so I still got my fix!  ;)  I just made some of the skewers without bacon for the others.  I added a little cilantro and oregano to the honey butter as well.  I've been making it ever since!  I sometimes add cayenne to a little kick to it.  Yummy!

Ingredients:
4 oz's butter, softened
1/2 cup honey
5 to 6 slices cooked crisp bacon, drained and crumbled

In a mixing bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy.  Lower speed to med. and beat in honey, bacon and herbs until well blend.  Keep covered container & store in the fridge for up to 7 days.

*I used clear wrap to cover the inside of the top of a butter container.  Then spooned in the butter mixture on top of the clear wrap.  Using the top of the butter container shapes it into a stick of butter.  And I used the clear wrap butter of the stickiness and its easier to remove from the cover. 


Enjoy!


Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

2 comments: