Thursday, March 18, 2010

Family Reunion Macaroni Salad

Kraft's Food Magazine

I'm more of a mayo type of chick and it must be Hellmann's Mayonnaise!!!  You know there are certain condiments that you just have to stick to one brand and can't substitute those no name brands to take it's place.  Like with ketchup...it must be Heinz!!!  Nothing else just won't do!  I've never grew up on Miracle Whip dressing so didn't know much about it until I moved out on my on at the age of 18.  When I first tried Miracle Whip it grossed me out.  I just couldn't bare the sweetness of it so I never brought it again.  Well as I started to expand my cooking skills and I began to come across a lot of recipes that used Miracle Whip dressing.  As I was flipping through Kraft's Food magazine, I came across this macaroni salad recipe.  So I thought since my taste buds are much more different than it was when I was younger, let me give this a try.  When I was younger I was a picky eater...never stepped out of the box.  Well after trying this recipe I came to the conclusion that Miracle Whip dressing is just not my friend.  Another thing is I don't care for boxed macaroni and cheese.  Yuck!  I thought I'd post this recipe for all those Miracle Whip dressing lovers.  I do from time to time add a little Miracle Whip along with mayo to my macaroni salad.  I don't know it just adds a little ahhhh....I don't know but it taste good!  LOL!  Despite me not liking this particular recipe my girls and friends truly loved it so that's another reason why I'm sharing this recipe with you.  Just because I didn't like it doesn't mean you won't.  I guess you can still say I'm a somewhat picky eater.  haha  I wonder if I add some bacon to it would I like it then.  LOL!  Bacon seems to make everything taste good!  ;)  Today I try to explore more...anyway, let's get to the recipe. 

Ingredients:
2 pkg (14 oz. each) Kraft Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese dinner
1 cup Miracle Whip dressing
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1 small red pepper, finely chopped
4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled, chopped
1/2 cup sliced green onions

Prepare mac & cheese dinner as directed on package.  Add dressing, eggs, celery and peppers; mix well.  Sprinkle with onions.

Serve immediately.  Or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Enjoy!

Jill's Comfort Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment