Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sauteed Sugar Snap Peas

Sugar snap peas are one of my favorites.  You don't even have to cook them!  I can just blanch them and eat them as is or in a salad!  Yummy!  This night I served them with Baked BBQ Beef Ribs, brown rice medley, and steamed cabbage.  With this recipe I switch up from time to time.  Instead of using oil I'll use butter.  Sometimes I add a splash of lemon juice as well.  Once in a while, I'd even add some cheese on top.  In the pic above I didn't use the red onion.  Not sure we're I found the original recipe from...

Ingredients:
1 lb. sugar snap peas
2 1/2 Tbsps EVOO
1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp finely minced garlic
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, finely shredded
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/3 cup julienned red onion

In large skillet, heat oil, add garlic and ginger and saute briefly about 30 seconds.  Add peas, over med. heat, and toss and cook for 2 to 4 minutes, depending on how large they are.  Add salt, pepper, red onion just ass they are finished cooking.  If you are adding cheese, sprinkle on top. 

Enjoy!

Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment