Monday, March 1, 2010

Lamb Chops with Balasmic Reduction

famousrecipes.wordpress.com
OMG...this is a dish that you must try!!!! I fell in love with it the first time I tried this. I can't remember all that I serve with this because it was about 3 years ago but from looking at the pic there was corn on the cob, navy beans w. turkey necks and roasted potatoes. Not sure what else...

When ever I make lamb, hens, etc. I always soak it in lime juice to tone down the gamey taste. I got this Lamb Chop famousrecipes.wordpress.com. Truly delish!!!!



So I decided to make this again back in January 2013 so that I could give you guys a better picture. Once again, it was truly scrumptious!  I added some dried cumin seeds to it this go around.  This time I served the lamb chops with some rice and green beans.  I also got to use my serving platter that my mother brought me for Christmas!  I love it!  Thanks mom!


Ingredients:

3/4 dried rosemary
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp thyme
Salt and pepper
4 lamb chops
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup minced shallot
1/3 cup aged balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 Tbsp butter



In a small bowl or cup, mix together the rosemary, basil, thyme, salt and pepper. Rub this mixture onto chops on both sides. Place them on a plate, cover and set aside to absorb the flavors for 15 minutes.




Heat oil in a large skillet over med.-high heat. Place chops in the skillet, and cook for 3 1/2 minutes per side for med. rare, or more. Remove from skillet and keep warm on serving platter.








Add shallots to skillet, and cook for a few minutes, just until browned. Stir in vinegar, scraping any bits of lamb from bottom of the skillet, then stir in the chicken broth. Continue to cook and stir over med.-high heat for about 5 minutes, until the sauce has reduced by half. Remove from heat, and stir in the butter. Pour over the lamb chops and serve.


Enjoy!


Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment