Monday, March 15, 2010

Beer Can Grilled Chicken

Food Network




















So I've been wanting to make this for the longest time! So last August I finally did it using The Neely's Pat's Beer Can Grilled Chicken recipe! OMG...that chicken was delish despite the minor finger tip burns! LOL!  I told you...there is never a dull moment in the Isreal's house!  SMH!




2 Tbsps salt
2 Tbsps smoked paprika
2 Tbsps onion powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp cumin
2 tsps thyme
2 tsps oregano
2 tsps ground pepper
2 tsps garlic powder
Olive oil
1 can of Budweiser (you can use whatever beer you like) onions, sliced*I forgot to put the Oregano on the counter when I took this pic!  You will need it!



Add all the seasoning in a bowl and blend well.


Slice onion and drink some beer!  LOL  Don't drink it all...leave half of can of beer!  Sorry I had to cut the sliced onions out the pic...it was showing other items that wasn't needed. 



After you've cleaned the bird, pat it dry!



Brush some EVOO on the bird.



Stuff the sliced onions in the cavity.


Start sprinkling the seasoning mixture on the bird and massage it in.  Don't forget to sprinkle some inside the cavity too!




Ready to hit the grill...


After several attempts to closed this damn grill down all the way, I started getting pissed!  But I finally figured it out...
 

So I lean the itch slightly to the side...jeeezzzz!  20 minutes into the cooking process I saw the grill smoking like crazy so I go open it up to find the damn bird done crushed the freaking can; beer pouring out every where; and the damn flames is loving the heck out of that rub and EVOO I bathed the damn bird in!  So now I have to remove the bird and waste another one of my beers on this damn chicken!  You know I hot as hell now!  This bird had gotten on my last nerves!  I slightly burned my damn finger tips which was still sore days later to save this damn bird!  Ahhh...sorry!  Back to the recipe!  I was having a flash back...


Now I was trying to check the temperature and found out that my damn thermometer was broke!  Since that was my first time grilling a whole bird, I wanted to be accurate!  Oh well...I just used my brainometer!  I thought to myself "this f**king chicken better be good as hell!  Putting me through all this BS..."!



Looks done to me!  Just the way I like it...nice and crispy!  No pink meat and still juicy!!!  





Mom tested....


Kid approves!!!

So after all, it was worth the hassle!  Yummy!  Delish!  I served the chicken with green beans and rice.

Enjoy!

Thanks Neely's!!!!


Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I'm LMAO over here. I'm glad the chicken was good. Looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KB...every time I think about this chicken I can't help but to laugh! LOL

    ReplyDelete