Saturday, March 16, 2013

Semi-Jerk Style Chicken

Good Morning everyone.  I needed to take a break with my school work this morning.  So I decided to turn to my comfort's me the most...that's posting some delicious recipes and sharing then with you guys.  I have so much to share with you guys and I am finding it hard to keep up with up dating my blog these days. 

Anyway, I made this back in May of 2006.  I found this recipe I think in one of my Kraft magazines at the time and I truly enjoyed it.  I called this Semi-Jerk because this was far fetch from other Jerk Sauces I have tried before.  By in no means was it the worse either...it actually was pretty good.

Ingredients:
-1 envelope Good Seasons Italian Salad dressing and recipe mix
- 2 Tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1/2 cayenne
- 1 broiler fryer chicken, approx. 2 1/2 pounds, cut up (you can use chicken breasts or wings as well)

Mix all ingredients except chicken in a large shallow dish until well blended.  Add chicken; turn over to evenly coat both sides.  Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to marinate.  Drain; discard marinade.

Preheat greased grill to medium heat.  Grill chicken 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked through, turning frequently.

Enjoy!





Jill's Comfort Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment