Saturday, March 16, 2013

Beer Batter Fish Fillets

*Update:  I knew I had a picture on my computer some where.  This one is beer battered Tilapia.  Same recipe different type of fish.  As you can see, I've gotten better...the batter is still on!  LOL
I love beer batter fish!  Especially if it's nice and crispy.  Not quite sure where I found this recipe but it was tasty.  When I first tried this recipe the batter came right off the fish as soon as it hit the pan.  I can't remember what went wrong.  So make sure the oil is hot before adding the fish to it.  I haven't dabbled with this recipe in years.  I've found new and improved ones since then.  I'm trying to catch up on posting all my recipes from years ago that I have not posted yet.  So some won't have pictures.  My plan is to revisit a few of these recipes so I can take a picture to add to the blog.  So stay tuned for the picture updates on some of my recipes.  

Ingredients:

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp dried dill weed
A pinch of cayenne (optional)
3/4 cup beer (I usually use a lager)
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
2 pounds cod fillets (You can use any type of fillet you like.)
2 quarts of canola oil (If I'm frying large amounts of fish, I use peanut oil.  It doesn't burn quickly.)


In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, cayenne, baking powder, and dill.  Add beer, milk, and eggs; mix well.  Place fish fillets in batter mixture, coat well, and let stand for 15 minutes.  Heat deep fryer to 375 degrees.  Place fish in the pan and fry until golden brown.  Cook fish in batches to maintain oil temperature.

Enjoy!


Jill's Comfort Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment