Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pleasing Kid Friendly Chili

Mom's are always looking for something quick, simple and delicious to make after a long day.  I'm not big on canned food but it's great to have on hand just in case.  Well one evening it was one of those "Just in case" kind of nights.  I needed something quick to make after I got home from work and I was in no mood to stand on my feet slaving over the stove.  Thankfully I had some can of beans in the cabinet.  The recipe called for condensed tomato soup but of course I didn't have any in my cabinet.  It also called for some instant minced onion...what the heck is instant onions?  LOL!  So I just spruced up some Hunts canned tomato sauce.  
 

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 pound lean ground beef
1 can (15 to 16 ozs) tomato sauce
1 tomato sauce can water
1 can (15 to 16 ozs) kidney beans, rinsed and drained tomato paste
Onions, chopped
Green and red peppers, chopped
2 to 3 tsps chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
Salt and pepper to taste

Saute onions and peppers in a sauce pan with a little olive oil.  Add beef to the pan and cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.  Stir in the remaining ingredients.  Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. 

I served the chili over some jasmine rice.   

Enjoy!




Jill's Comfort Zone

2 comments:

  1. Let me get this straight... You prepared all of this in a can of tomato sauce? Not chopped or diced tomatoes - just a regular tin of ketchup? And added tomato paste? Correct me if I am wrong please (and I hope I am).
     
    Kid Friendly = Adult Unfriendly in my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It say's a can of tomato sauce. I don't see where you are reading ketchup...I enjoyed it. Sorry you don't like it.

      Delete