Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sauteed Scallops w. Angel Hair Pasta

 I found another picture...same recipe but different pasta.  The picture sucks but I just wanted to give you a visual of the dish.  I will make this again and update with a better photo.

An old foodie buddy of mines by the name of Dodger from MySpace shared this recipe with me years ago when I started experimenting more with scallops.  I use to not like scallops because of the chewy texture until I decided to make them myself.  Then I came to realize that it's not chewy at all.  It was just that they were over cooked.  This dish was an absolutely delish!  Now I'm in the mood for some scallops.  I'm sure I have an old picture floating around on here some where so I'm going to search for it and update later.

 

INGREDIENTS:

*2lbs fresh sea scallops, cut into quarters or bay scallops
*2Tbsps butter
*1/2 cup white wine
*2 Tbsps fresh lemon juice
*1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
*2 Tbsps fresh chives, chopped   
*1/4 tsp garlic salt
*2 cloves garlic, minced
*1/8 tsp white pepper   
*1lb angel hair pasta

Rinse scallops in cold water and drain.  Add butter to large skillet and melt.  Add scallops and cook over med. heat 5 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly.  Remove scallops using a slotted spoon and set aside.

Cook pasta and drain.

Add wine, lemon juice and chives to skillet.  Cook over med. heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Add garlic salt, garlic and pepper and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes; remove from heat.  

To serve, spoon sauce over drained pasta, spoon scallops over sauce and sprinkle parsley.
 

Enjoy!






Jill's Comfort Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment