Saturday, March 16, 2013

Seafood Lasagna (Christmas Dinner)

There is nothing like spending the holidays with friends and family!  I truly had a great Christmas this past year.  With my mom in town it was like the girls and I hit the lottery or something!  LOL!  My mother spoiled the girls and I way too much.  She surprised me with a new bedroom set, a deep freezer, and much more!  It brought tears to my eyes!  Since I had to work the Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas, I decided to have my big Christmas Dinner that Saturday.  I invited over some good friends to join us for dinner as well.  I still cooked for Christmas day.  I love to entertain and I love introducing folks to new dishes.  I decided to make something yummy for my friends and family.  So I made seafood lasagna amongst other dishes that weekend.  Oh it was a hit!  I took some to work and boy oh boy did they love it!  I have my co-workers wanting me to make some for them and their family.

 
Here's the crew!  My mom in the front, Julius and his lady to the left, Belinda, Kevin, Shamiah and Torrey.  

 
 As you can see, we had a great time!


 
One thing I would do different is saute the scallops first and then add them to the mixture.  After the lasagna was done, I had to pour the juice out of the dish.  I was very juicy.  

**Ingredients for Alfredo Sauce:

3Tbsps butter
2Tbsps olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 med. onion, finely chopped
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup mozzarella Cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Melt butter in medium sauce pan with olive oil over low heat. Add the onions, cooking for about 1 to 2 minutes and then add the garlic and cook until slightly brown.  Then add the heavy cream, pepper, Italian seasoning and bring mixture to a simmer. Stir often. Add cheese and simmer sauce for 8-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened and is smooth. 


 
 
 

 When sauce has thickened add the mozzarella cheese and stir until smooth frequently.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

 


 Ingredients for Lasagna:

1 Tbsp butter
1 lb fresh shrimps, shelled and chopped
About 3 to 4 crab clusters
1 lb scallops

2 Tbsps fresh lemon juice
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Lasagna noodles
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 bag fresh spinach, steamed

Put the crab clusters in a large pot and boil with some butter, salt, pepper, and lemon old bay seasoning for about 30 minutes.


After their done, pluck the meat from the shell and put in a bowl.  I had my little kitchen cluster plucker assist me with this task.  I so love her dearly!

 

Preheat oven to 350.  Butter a glass dish with butter.  Combine spinach, shrimps, crab, scallops, lemon juice, and Alfredo sauce in a bowl.  Heat a large pot of salted water to boiling and cook the noodles until tender.  Drain and set aside.

 


I would like to thank my friend, Belinda, for assisting with chopping up the shrimps and scallops for me!  You're the best girlie!!!


Now we are ready to start assembling our dish. 

Spread about a third of the seafood mixture over the bottom of the prepared baking dish.  Top that with a little grated Parmesan cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese.  Cover with noodles and then spread another third of the mixture and cheese over the noodles.  Repeat steps above.  Cover the top with remaining cheeses and Alfredo Sauce mixture. 










Bake on the center oven rack until bubbly and golden, about 35 to 40 minutes.  Let stand before serving.
*Place a dripping pan underneath with a little water in it just in case the cheese drips.



I'm telling you, you will not be disappointed folks.  Truly delish!  I enjoyed my holiday with friends and family!  My girls and I had a beautiful Christmas thanks to my mom!!!  Many Blessings! 



Setting up the table....




Dinner was truly Fabulous!  The menu was delish...a little of old with the new! Besides the seafood lasagna I made: a sausage cheese dip (to go with some tortillas I brought), corn bread, fried chicken, baked mac and cheese, yellow rice, ham, bbq baked chicken, potato salad, wild rice stuffing, greens, yams, and ice tea. I think I'm forgetting a few things!  This doesn't even included all the yummy dishes that I made for Christmas.  My, My, My....  My mom baked some cakes as well.  Oh we had a great time!



 


Jill's Comfort Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment