Sunday, March 20, 2011

Slow Cooker Corned Beef Brisket

Being that St. Patrick's Day just past I thought I'd start with this recipe first this morning. I'm different so I didn't have the traditional cabbage side dish with this meal. LOL! Call me spunky! Nor did I serve this on that special Irish day. Maybe next year!

This was my first attempt at making a corned beef brisket December 2010! I've never really had the real thing until now. I want to thank my foodie friends (Robin, Krista, Doug, Jessie, Siiri and the gang for convincing me to give it another try!!! This was truly delish and so simple to make! I've tried that canned stuff when I was little and it sucked! Grossed me out so I never tried it again! SMH! What was my mother thinking! LOL! But I don't remember her buying it again. Love you dearly mom! It was you who inspired me to create my own Comfort Zone and I've never looked back! Thanks Margy Alexander! I come from a line of great cooks! My Aunt Shirley gets it cracking in the kitchen as well!!! Love you guys!

Well there's nothing to this recipe! It's pretty much whatever floats your boat. So I'm just going to breeze through this one...the ingredients are simple. I used to package that came inside the corned beef brisket package, added some salt and pepper to taste, a pinch of cayenne pepper (my favorite ingredient), and a little beef broth to coat the bottom of the crock pot.


I seasoned the brisket with the ingredients listed above. Poured the beef broth into the crock pot. Placed the brisket, with fat side facing up, in the crock pot and cooked for 5 to 6 hours on low.

Because I don't like wet meat that much I put it in a preheated oven 350 degrees for about 10 minutes until the top becomes brown and crispy! I must have so crisp to my meat! ;) And that's it folks!!!! Truly delish!!!!!

Crispy on the outside....

And nice and juicy on the inside....

 I served this with yellow rice, collard greens, Baked Macaroni and Cheese , and corn muffins!

Enjoy!

Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Ϲan I just sаy what a сοmfort tο disсoveг an individual whο tгulу understands what they аre disсuѕsing online.

    You dеfinitelу reаlize how to bring а problem to light and make it important.
    A lot more people neeԁ to сheck
    this out and underѕtand this sidе of thе story.
    ӏ can't believe you're not more populаr since you most certainly posseѕѕ
    thе gift.

    Also νisit my homepаge :: Merchant Cash Advance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wоаh! I'm really loving the template/theme of this blog. It's simple,
    уеt effectіve. A lot of timеѕ it's challenging to get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and visual appearance. I must say you've donе a veгy good job wіth thіѕ.
    In additіon, the blοg loadѕ super fast fοr
    me οn Chrome. Οutѕtаnding Blog!


    Here іѕ my homеpage - Business loans

    ReplyDelete