Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sausage, Peppers, Onions and Potato Bake

Good evening readers! I truly miss blogging and need to get back on my game. I enjoy sharing recipes. Thursday I was looking for something different and I found it! Allrecipes.com had this recipe for Italian Sausages call Sausage, Peppers, Onions, and Potato Bake. Something quick and simple for a weekday evening. The girls and I truly enjoyed this dish and so will you. I serve this with some salad. Of cause I adjusted measurements and ingredients to my liking.

Ingredients:

*2 tsps EVOO
*2lbs Hot Italian sausage links, cut into pieces (you can use mild, reg. or sweet sausages if you like)
*1/4 cup EVOO
*4 large potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
*1 large green and red pepper, seeded and cut into wedges
*1 1/2 large onions, cut into wedges
*1/2 cup white wine
*1/2 cup chicken stock (I used chicken broth)
*1 tsp Italian seasoning
*Pinch of cayenne pepper
*Sprinkle of smoked paprika
*Salt and pepper to taste
*Sprinkle of garlic powder


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat 2 tsps EVOO in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir the sausages until browned. Transfer the cooked sausages to a large baking dish. Pour 1/4 cup of EVOO into the skillet, and cook the potatoes, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 10 minutes. Place the potatoes into the baking dish, leaving some oil. Cook and stir the green and red peppers and onions in the hot skillet until they are beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the veggies to the baking dish. Pour wine and chicken broth over the veggies and sausage, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, cayenne, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Gently stir and mix everything together.

Bake in oven until hot and bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot.

Enjoy!




Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. What are the odds that I would come across your recipe when I was looking for what to cook for dinner today - my birthday - March 13? lol. Wow....I will admit I didn't follow it to a tee, I used sausage casserole sauce (instead of chicken stock) and omitted the wine and it turned out perfect! Thank you for your lovely recipe.

    (It was so good, it was all gone before I could remember to take a picture!)

    ReplyDelete