Sunday, March 20, 2011

Herbed Crusted Rack of Lamb

FineCooking.com

Well Jill was feeling a little fancy this evening! Earlier that day I was at the supermarket and I had a craving for some lamb chops. Now I've made lamb chops several ways but I've never had nor made a Rack of Lamb before. Yes, it was a little pricey but like I said...I was feeling a little fancy. LOL! So I came home and started searching the Internet for a recipe. I ran across this Herbed Crusted Rack of Lamb recipe on Fine Cooking website. Of cause I never stick to the exact recipe so I added my touches to it and BOOM...a master piece! It was truly delicious!

The funny part about this dish was the responses I got on Facebook when I posted the picture! hahaha! My cousin, Michael Robinson, asked me what kind of meat was this! He thought I cook up a rodent! LOL! I won't post what kind because I don't want to turn anyone off from trying this recipe...lets just say it has four legs! CTFU!!!! Ok...back to the recipe.

Ingredients:

*1 rack of lamb, trim of fat but leave a little on
*Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
*2 cloves garlic, minced
*Red onions, diced
*1/8 cup dried parsley
*1 Tbps. dried thyme, crushed
*1 Tbps. dried rosemary, crushed
*1 cup breadcrumbs


*Celery, diced
*Baby carrots
*3 Tbps. butter, 1 Tbps divided



 Rinse Rack of Lamb.

Position an oven rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 475°F. Season the lamb with salt and pepper.

Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a sauce pan. Combine the garlic, parsley, thyme, red onions and breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Moisten the mixture with enough butter to make the mixture hold together.

Melt 2 Tbsps butter in a large dry skillet over high heat. Put the lamb, meat side down, in the skillet. With tongs, hold the lamb against the skillet for a minute to give it a nice brown crust. Turn the meat to sear it on all sides for a total of 4 minutes. Remove the meat from the skillet.  Roll the meat in the herb mixture to coat it. 


Roll the meat in the herb mixture to coat it.

Transfer the rack to a roasting pan just large enough to hold them. Place veggies around the rack.  Cover the rib bones with strips of foil so they don't burn and roast until medium rare, 20 to 25 minutes (120°F internal temperature). If you want a crispier crust, finish cooking under the broiler for 2 minutes. Let the rack rest for 5 minutes before carving.  Toss the veggies out. 

Use a carving knife to cut between the rib bones. Arrange the chops on warm serving plates. Serve hot. (The chops will cool quickly, so the best strategy is to carve the racks at the table.)

I served it with Roasted lemon asparagus, white rice and rolls.

Enjoy!



Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment