Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fried Cajun Tilapia

Now this was the bomb!!!! I'm sure I told you how much a love seafood...OH HOW I LOVE SEAFOOD! This fried Cajun Tilapia is so good! I'm so into spicy food. When some people think of fried fish they think of fries! Not me! I want a meal! A fish sandwich and fries just don't cut it for me all the time. Especially if we're talking about dinner!  I need something that's going to sick to my tummy so I can sleep through the night. ;)

Well everyone knows how to fry fish so I'm not going to go into too much details. All you need is about 5 to 6 pieces of Tilapia, some fine cornmeal, Homemade Essence , oil and a frying pan!

In a bowl, mix together the corn meal and Homemade Essence in a dish.  Coat the pieces of Tilapia with egg yolk using a brush then coat with corn meal mixture.  Place in hot oil and fry on both sides for about 4 minutes each per side.  Remove and place on a plate covered with paper towel.  Repeat for the rest of the pieces of fish.


I served this with sauteed onions, Baked Macaroni & Cheese , Macaroni Salad and collard greens.


Enjoy!


Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment