Friday, April 9, 2010

Strawberry Chocolate Cake

You know...when I first saw this recipe I frowned! LOL! I mean...microwave cooking isn't my thing and the thought of baking in it frightened me a little! I have to tell you guys this method truly surprised me! I thought the cake would come out rubbery, etc. but it didn't! It was actually moist and stayed moist the next day. I was doing a Tupperware party one weekend and the Host chose this recipe for me to demonstrate! I thought I'd better make one at home first before trying this at the party. I was not trying to get embarrassed! LOL! Looks are deceiving guys because when I took it out of the microwave I was like what the hell!!! To my surprise it was indeed delish and sweets aren't my thing. I've made this at several parties and it's my biggest hit! Tupperware has stepped up their game and made microwave cooking safe and spectacular people! You can check out my Tupperware website for new products or any products seen here that your interested in.  Thanks!

Ingredients:
1 box chocolate cake mix
3 egg whites
1 can strawberry pie filling (you can use cherry pie filling instead)
1/4 cup water
1 tub chocolate frosting
Fresh Strawberries (for topping)
Whipped topping (I made my own)

This is the Heat 'N Serve 8 1/2 cup Oval Container and the Prep Essentials Mix-N-Stor Plus Pitcher.  The other products I used which is posted above are the Saucy Silicone Spatula, Chef Chopper and Micro Pitcher Set.

Lightly spray Heat 'N Serve Container with cooking spray and set aside.  In Mix-N-Stor Pitcher blend cake mix, egg whites, pie filling, and water until well combined.  Pour batter into Heat 'N Serve Container, spreading evenly with Spatula.  Place uncovered in microwave oven and bake for 11-13 minutes at high power.  After 10 minutes check ever minute and remove from microwave when a small area appears uncooked at the center of cake.  Place on a rack and cool 10 minutes before turning out onto a serving plate.  Allow to cool slightly and glaze with frosting.  Serve warm with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.


Enjoy!


Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment