Friday, April 16, 2010

Chicken and Biscuit Casserole

Sorry readers for not blogging in a few days! I've have a lot going on for the past couple of days! Between working, packing, and doctors appointments I hardly have time to do much of anything else. Well this recipe that I made this pass Sunday was truly delish! I'm not a casserole girl so I rarely make casseroles but this one I tried one evening at my friend, Ciara, house and was truly good. Since she was out of town last weekend, I couldn't get the recipe book from her so I just winged it with help from my cousin, Sylle! She read of some recipes from some of her cook books to me over the phone and I just took a little bit of ingredients from each of them plus what I did remember that was in the one I ate and put them all together! LOL!  The only thing I would change is cutting the chicken into smaller cubes.

Ingredients:
-3 boneless/skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size cubes
-2 cans biscuits
-Can cream of chicken + milk
-Can cream of celery + milk
-Onion, sliced
-Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
-Frozen mixed vegetables
-Bacon, cooked and crumbled
-Salt and pepper, to taste
-Oregano, dried
-Cilantro, dried
-Chicken broth



Preheat oven 375 degrees.  After you've clean the chicken breasts, cut them into bites size cubes.  Place them in a pot of chicken broth seasoned with salt, pepper, oregano and cilantro and boil for about 10 to 15 minutes.  Saute the onions using butter in a saucepan, remove and set aside.  Spray a baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.  Place the chicken cubes and the remaining ingredients except for the biscuits (saving some cheese and bacon to put on top of biscuits) in the baking dish.  Stir everything together real good.  The veggies and bacon was still crispy!  Yummy!  Just the way I like it!


Now place biscuits on top of the veggie mixture. 

Top biscuits with the rest of the bacon and cheese.

Place the baking dish in the oven and cook for about 25 to 30 minutes.  Don't burn the biscuits!  So keep checking on it. 


Enjoy!


Jill's Comfort Zone
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment